Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/25/2010 in Orono


I woke up earlier than planned so thought I'd try something different before hitting the library. I've tried to make poached eggs a few times before and was always left with a soggy, white mess in the pot that looked more like a monotone egg drop soup. I'm always told how simple they are to make- even my roommate, a self-confessed terrible cook, can make them. This morning I was determined to master the poached egg. So, I popped on the new Tallest Man on Earth album, and...

Success! On the fourth egg. As far as I can tell I did nothing differently the fourth time around so I'm convinced it's a matter of luck. Oh well... any advice would be welcome. Served on homemade toast with spinach, grilled tomato, and cracked black pepper with some strong black coffee and orange juice.

1 comment:

  1. Two things:

    1) How do you make poached eggs?

    2) I need that album...with haste!

    ReplyDelete